Sessions cover topics including transitioning analog audio installations to networked IP, plus designing and maintaining scalable, multi-site background music systems
ZURICH, SWITZERLAND, March 23, 2021 — Barix has announced the schedule for its newest series of webinars, which are designed to inform and inspire systems integrators, installers, service providers and AV managers with in-depth, technical insights about key trends in audio over IP. Two of the sessions will focus on key considerations and opportunities in upgrading analog speakers and audio installations to IP, while the remaining webinars explore the use of streaming audio over IP for background music systems in retail environments and other public spaces.
Upcoming webinars include:
- “Pros and Cons of Upgrading an Existing Audio Installation to IP” – Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 10am CET and 10am PDT (1pm EDT). This webinar will discuss why IP is important for systems integrators in project tenders; key system design considerations; differences between analog and digital installation processes; an overview of IP-enabled functionality and applications; and security factors. It will conclude with a live demonstration of Barix’s IP Former analog-to-IP speaker upgrade solution.
- “Effectively Making Audio Installations IP Manageable” – Tuesday, May 18 at 10am CET and 10am PDT (1pm EDT). This webinar will explore important steps in upgrading analog audio installations to IP, including key details the IT department needs to know; effectively planning the transition; common challenges and solutions; connecting and configuring the networked audio devices; and customization. It will wrap up with a live demonstration of Barix’s IP Former hardware and management interface.
- “Building a Scalable Background Music System (for Music Providers)” – Tuesday, June 22 at 10am CET and 10am PDT (1pm EDT). This session will instruct music service providers on key considerations whendesigning and implementing a multi-site background music streaming system for retail, hospitality, and corporate environments. Discussions will include the solution architecture; device distribution; maintenance planning; ad insertion; local announcements; and a live demonstration of Barix’s RetailPlayer platform.
- “How to Reduce the Installation Cost and Maintenance of a Background Music System” – Tuesday, July 20 at 10am PDT (1pm EDT). Deployment and operational costs can be among the most important elements of any background music (BGM) system. This webinar explores ways to minimize installation time and costs; functions that make a BGM system more valuable; the advantages of cloud-based management; ad insertion; and more. It concludes with a live RetailPlayer demonstration.
Barix will also be partnering with AVIXA to offer an Italian-language webinar, “Audio over IP for Distribution of Background Music: Planning, Management and Control,” on Wednesday, May 5. This session will cover technical issues related to distributing background music for “in-store” applications, including key components and techniques; installation planning; and the interaction between embedded audio devices at multiple endpoints and centralized, cloud-based control.
For more information on these sessions or to register to attend, please visit www.barix.com/i/barix-webinars.
Barix: We Move Audio (www.barix.com)
Barix supplies simple and reliable solutions and components to systems integrators and end users worldwide. We move high-quality audio across IP networks, adding value to customer solutions for two decades with hundreds of thousands of devices installed worldwide. Background music distribution with dynamic advertising insertion for retail shops, bars and hotels; public address solutions for schools and public spaces; and intercom and entry systems for facility surveillance, protection and security are among the many applications of Barix solutions. Barix also supports OEM projects for a number of Global 500 listed companies serving many industries worldwide.
Latest posts by Dimension PR (see all)
- Barix Announces Q2 Webinar Schedule for Audio-over-IP Insights and Innovations - March 23, 2021
- SyncPro Launches CloudOS Support Center - March 8, 2021
- Atlona Expands Opus Series of 4K HDR Integration Products with New Combination Switcher and Receiver - February 22, 2021