Dell EMC will exhibit in booth #7.C39 at the IBC Show 2018 in RAI Amsterdam, on September 13th-18th, 2018. They will be demonstrating the latest in storage technology offerings that covers high end broadcasters, sport organizations, and post-production facilities. With the onset of increasing Virtual Reality productions having more and more customers adapting to the driving technologies which support such applications industry wide. Dell EMC has positioned themselves by supporting customers, partners, and product momentum in the media and entertainment sector.
Dell EMC servers are built for extremely demanding workloads. The PowerEdge MX covers both traditional and future workloads. This totally high performing modular kinetic infrastructure allows for software-defined data center applications,designed without a mid-plane, enabling support for multiple generations of technology releases—processor technologies, new storage types and new connectivity innovations—well into the future. Providing foundational support in combination of dense virtualization, software-defined storage, software-defined networking, artificial intelligence and big data projects. Supporting the latest low latency NVMe drives and native 25GbE connectivity, this product “screams” throughput performance.
“While emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence, IoT and software-defined storage and networking, offer competitive benefits, their workloads can be difficult to predict and pose new challenges for IT departments,” said Ashley Gorakhpurwalla, president and general manager, Dell EMC Server and Infrastructure Systems. “PowerEdge MX enables a modular approach to flexibly build and combine compute, storage and networking, so organizations can transform their IT in a way that optimizes resources and offers investment protection for future generations of technological advances.”
The PowerEdge MX offers flexibility for customization and offers an impressive portfolio of components such as:
- Dell EMC PowerEdge MX7000 chassis – Offers an efficient hardware foundation with support for multiple server processor generations, in a scalable system with end-to-end lifecycle management and a single interface for all components, enabling organizations to focus more on their business priorities than IT maintenance. This 7U chassis includes eight bays to accommodate a variety of single- and double-width compute and storage combinations.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge MX740c and MX840c compute sleds – Two- and four-socket blade sleds deliver full-featured, no compromise compute, with exceptional performance and a rich set of storage options including NVMe drives. The single-width MX740c and double-width MX840c support the full Intel® Xeon Scalable Processor family with up to six terabytes of memory. The MX740c is the industry’s only single-width, two-socket, modular server that can house and tier up to six 2.5” NVMe, SAS or SATA drives. The MX840c can hold up to and tier eight drives.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge MX5016s storage sled – Dense, full-width, scale-out storage sleds complement MX servers, holding up to 16 hot-pluggable SAS storage hard disk drives, with a maximum of seven MX5016s sleds in the MX chassis for up to 112 drives of direct-attached storage. These drives can be individually mapped to one or more servers, offering the ideal storage ratio needed for specific use cases.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge MX Ethernet and Fibre Channel switching modules – These new low latency, high-bandwidth switching modules for multi-chassis environments include automated processes for topology compliance, quality of service and autonomous healing for peak network performance with the PowerEdge MX single management interface. PowerEdge MX is the industry’s first modular infrastructure to deliver end-to-end 25Gpbs Ethernet (GbE) and 32Gbps Fibre Channel host connectivity. Combined with 100GbE and 32G Fibre Channel uplinks, customers can expect up to a 55% reduction in switching latency for highly-scalable, multi-chassis fabric architectures.
The Dell EMC PowerEdge MX will be available globally beginning September 11th, 2018, and will be a product spotlight at the #IBC2018 convention. Don’t miss the opportunity to demo the incredible power that the Dell EMC family can provide to your operations. Booth #7.C39 at the IBC Show 2018 in RAI Amsterdam.
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 99 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Matt and his family currently reside in the Washington, D.C metro area.
Latest posts by Matt Harchick (see all)
- Product Spotlight: cMe2 Huddle Room Light by Brightline - May 7, 2019
- Product Spotlight: 4K Compact Screen Management System by Barco - April 30, 2019
- ATTO and AVID: Certified Collaborations for Over 20 Years - September 14, 2018