About the Job
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray television-owned CBS affiliate in Savannah, Georgia, servicing 17 counties in the South Georgia Coastal Empire and three counties in the South Carolina Lowcountry.
WTOC-TV, the dominant CBS affiliate in Savannah, Ga. is seeking a digital producer to join our team. The right candidate will not only love local news, but have a positive attitude, a hard work ethic, excel at writing for all platforms – including digital, social media and broadcast – and be a team player. Must be proficient in AP style and have a good understanding of social media platforms and OTT devices. This position also requires video editing knowledge. Applicant should also bring professionalism and enthusiasm into the workplace.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Write content for all WTOC digital and social media platforms
– Assist with calling and confirming information
– Assist reporters and anchors with composing their digital stories when needed
– Help other producers with their newscasts
– Fill in on producing for broadcast newscasts when needed
– Help edit video for digital, social or broadcast platforms
– Assist anchors with our OTT desk
– Help with podcasts and other digital special projects when needed
– Edit video for digital, social or broadcast platforms
– Assist anchors with our OTT desk
– Help with podcasts and other digital special projects
– 2 years of previous producing experience within television broadcasting is preferred
– A college degree in journalism or related field is required
– Drug screen and MVR check required
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation. youtu.be/kurBg8MPoXs