FT Entry Level TV Production Technician/Master Control Operator – overnight shift
About the Job
4 News Now, a Morgan Murphy Media company and the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
If you are looking for an outstanding entry level opportunity to get into a newsroom and gain valuable experience in News Production and Master Control Operations, then come work for 4 News Now. You’ll join a top notch team dedicated to the success of KXLY’s programming which includes KXLY 4.1 – ABC; KXLY 4.2 – MeTV; KXLY 4.3 – Heroes & Icons; KXLY 4.4 – Start TV, KXLY 4.5 – DABL, KXLY 4.6 – QVC and KXLY 4.7 – HSN. We’re looking for a full time creative and engaged individual with a passion for broadcasting to work the overnight shift. As a Production Technician/Master Control Operator, you’ll train and work closely with our experienced team members to do everything from creating news graphics to troubleshooting to maintaining the quality and accuracy of our shows. This vital behind-the-scenes position plays a key role as we strive to tell the stories that connect our audience to their community.
What you’ll do:
• Operate TV studio camera during newscasts
• Prepare daily news graphics
• Coordinate the show’s rundown to reflect production values, such as video, audio and graphic requirements before the production
• On air switching, routing, timing calculation, program recording and preparation
• Monitor all technical operations and maintain quality and discipline during show productions
• Ensure the transmission meets FCC regulations
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions
• Prepare programs and commercial content for on-air playout
• Maintain all required program logs
What you’ll bring:
• AA or 2 years of experience in television production preferred
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills to effectively execute delivery of quality news product
• Ability to think quickly and work in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven environment without supervision
• Ability to stay calm, focused, productive, and diplomatic under stressful situations with shifting priorities
• Excellent project-management skills and constant attention to detail
• Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
What 4 News Now offers:
• We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
• We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
• Excellent training to promote success in your role
• Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
Disclaimer: As a condition of employment, Morgan Murphy Media requires that newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to the extent permitted by applicable law and subject to any medical or religious accommodations.
KXLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER