Who are We
Broadcast Beat is a digital media property designed to provide technology news-and-information to the broadcast, motion picture and post production industry. We’re located at 4028 NE 6th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334. Our contact number is 954-233-1978. Access to our platform is available directly through our website avbeat01.wpengine.com. Broadcast Beat is committed to protecting the privacy and data of those who follow our content.
Your Personal Information
We appreciate you following news and information we provide to our industry and consider your data sensitive information. Our goal is to ensure that our transmission is secure and your privacy is maintained. In addition, when you browse our website pages, we track that for analytical purposes such as testing new, user-friendly designs and topics of interest to you. We’ll also store any information you voluntarily submit; for example, contact emails, programming suggestions, inquiries pertaining to programming at industry shows, requests for interviews, white papers, webinars and contests.
Protection of Your Personal Data
Our privacy notice tells you what personal data (PD) and non-personal data (NPD) we may collect from you, how we collect it, how we protect it, how you can access and change it. Our privacy notice also explains certain legal rights that you have with respect to your personal data.
When using our website and apps, and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it.
- The right of access – You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being processed and have the ability to access your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) – You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to restrict processing – You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request and get your personal data that you provided to us and use it for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. To request your personal data, please contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the following reasons: Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); Direct marketing (including profiling); and Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics. Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Automated individual decision-making and profiling – You will have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a complaint with authorities – You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy. For details about your rights under the law, visit www.privacyshield.gov/
We will not provide data to law enforcement without a court order. Should that happen, we’ll attempt to inform you of the request unless we’re legally prevented from doing so.
When you use Broadcast Beat we may use “cookies”, “web beacons”, and similar devices to track your activities. These small pieces of information are stored on your hard drive, not on the Broadcast Beat website.
Security and Storage
The Broadcast Beat website has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your information.
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted between our servers and your browser. Our database data isn’t encrypted (because it needs to be available quickly), but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest.
We will not sell or share this data with any third-parties.
We do keep backups, designed for catastrophic system recovery, for 30 days. The backups are purged on a rolling 30 day cycle. When emails are read and not saved, they’re automatically purged on a 30-day-cycle.
Changes and Questions
Amendments to this statement will be posted to this URL and will be effective when posted. Your continued use of this site following the posting of any amendment, modification, or change shall constitute your acceptance of the amendment. We’ll notify you about significant changes by emailing the account owner or by placing a prominent notice on our site. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or your dealings with Broadcast Beat, you can contact us at email@example.com.