Production Systems Engineer
About the Job
The role of Production Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting the Sr. engineering staff with computer systems, network, storage and workflows in a motion picture dailies and finishing environment. This position requires the ability to multitask, problem solve, and support production during challenging and innovative projects.
• Support of information systems in collaboration with the Sr. enterprise team.
o Compute, storage, network, post-production systems (color grading, VFX, imaging
• Follow procedures, standards, and guidelines in concert with production management.
• Monitor and act on network, compute, storage capacity and utilization.
• Support “internal” customers such as artists and operations to ensure successful servicing
• Collaborate with vendors and external teams maintaining a forward thinking environment.
Requirements – Experience and Skills
• 3+ years hands-on experience maintaining high-end systems
o Computers, network, storage and software in production environments.
• Experience configuring and maintaining customary picture post production software
o e.g. Resolve, Nuke, Flame, AE, Avid, Premiere, FCPx
• Experience supporting high performance storage systems & protocols
o e.g. StorNext, Brocade, RAIDIX, Isilon, NFS, CIFS, DLC, fiber-channel
• Experience supporting large user network of computers, preferably in an OS agnostic environment
o Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, Windows
• Excellent team player with ability to resolve problems systematically
• Experience in scripting environments / languages, Perl, Shell, Python
• Familiarity with the aspects of working in a creative environment
• Strong customer service approach with excellent verbal and written communication
• Previous video systems experience, routing, patching, broadcast i/o
• Experience with imaging systems such as scanners and film recorders
Work Environment & Activities
• Location based work Burbank Facility
• Hybrid work & remote support in some circumstances
• Machine Room, Theaters, Multiple locations
• Lifting equipment, moving and installing computer systems