About the job
We are seeking a candidate with on-air commercial television experience as a reporter. We want a high energy, engaging talent who is a strong storyteller and can handle breaking news situations in a fast paced environment. Community involvement in this position is a must. If you just want to read the news, this is not the job for you.
Job Summary: Reports, shoots and edits news and feature stories, blogs and other material originated by the reporter, or assigned by the editor, and read them accurately, clearly and concisely and in an engaging manner.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Build network of informational sources that will enable the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
* Develop ideas for news, feature and enterprise pieces, as well as investigative stories
* Collect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation
* Gather accurate and interesting information for newscast presentations
* Present clear, creative and accurate live shots
* Produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline
* Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
* Proficient at screening and logging video tapes and providing written editing instructions to tape editors
* Adept at ad-lib presentations, without aid of scripts and/or teleprompters
* Possess exceptional research skills
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism (or related field) and a minimum of (2) two years of experience as an on-air commercial television news reporter.
Operate video and editing equipment and newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.