Sr. Production Systems Engineer
About the Job
The role of Sr. Production Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting computer systems, network, storage and workflows in a motion picture dailies and finishing environment. This position requires the ability to multitask, problem solve, and support production during challenging and innovative projects for the motion picture and television industry.
● Design, implementation, support of information systems in collaboration with enterprise team.
○ Compute, storage, network, post-production systems (color grading, VFX, imaging
● Formulate procedures, standards, and guidelines in concert with production management.
● Assist with improvements on policies and procedures for infrastructure management.
● Monitor and act on network, compute, storage capacity and utilization.
● Create project-based specifications and implementation plans where appropriate.
● Support “internal” customers such as artists and operations to ensure successful servicing
● Collaborate with vendors and external teams maintaining a forward thinking environment.
Requirements – Experience and Skills
● 5+ years hands-on experience configuring and maintaining high-end systems
○ Computers, network, storage and software in HA production environments.
● Experience configuring and maintaining customary picture post production software
○ Resolve, Nuke, Flame, AE, Avid
● Background configuring and maintaining high performance storage systems & protocols
○ StorNext, Brocade, RAIDIX, Isilon, NFS, CIFS, DLC, fiber-channel, and white box solutions
● Experience supporting large user network of computers, preferably in an OS agnostic environment
○ Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, Windows
● Provide detail oriented solutions to sometimes aggressive mission critical deadlines
● Excellent team player with ability to resolve problems systematically
● Experience in scripting environments / languages, Perl, Shell, Python
● Familiarity with the aspects of working in a creative environment
● Strong customer service approach with excellent verbal and written communication
● Previous video systems experience, routing, patching, broadcast i/o
● Experience with imaging systems such as scanners and film recorders
Work Environment & Physical Activities
● Location based work Burbank Facility
● Hybrid work & remote support in some circumstances
● Machine Room, Theaters, Multiple locations