Position: Broadcast Engineer
Company: Alaska Public Media
Location: Anchorage AK US
Primary duties include the support of broadcast stations KAKM-TV, KSKA-FM, and the statewide satellite news network. Support includes all inside and outside plant supervision and maintenance.
Alaska Public Media is the source of NPR radio, PBS television for South Central Alaska and stewards of the statewide news.
The Broadcast Engineer will:
- The Broadcast Engineer will, as a member of a team, provide the skills necessary to synthesize and implement the technical policies of the station.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the above functions, the Broadcast Engineer will:
- Assure all personnel use and operate the facilities in a safe and secure manner.
- As part of a team, do the contingency planning necessary to keep systems on line in all situations.
- Design, maintain and operate TV and radio transmitting facilities, assuring safe and compliant operation.
- Understand facilities interconnection including signal type and routing, bypass and restore systems; microwave and fiber interconnections; etc. Implement and modify system documentation as required.
- Perform routine evaluation and maintenance of on systems including database maintenance.
- As part of a team, help design and configure the operating environment and systems.
- Operate the stations in compliance with the FCC rules, safety regulations and company policies.
- Provide engineering services to other organizations as may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
See full job description on our website www.alaskapublic.org/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $71,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Broadcast Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- FCC (Required)
- 25 (Preferred)